I just loved this project when I saw it and knew that I could really add some great flair with the Husqvarna Viking 75Q Applique & Sequin Dimensional Stitches. These amazing stitches are exclusive to Husqvarna Viking and can give your next project some personality.
Let’s face it, who doesn’t love some bling? And with the Exclusive sequin stitches, you can jazz up jeans, make your frock flash, and seriously sparkle up your skirts. With easy-to-follow instructions on the machine, you can’t go wrong!
To access the easy-to-follow information simply go to your Stitch Menu, navigate to Menu L and select the very friendly? Quick Help icon. Touch the stitch you would like more information on and a window will pop up with helpful hints and tips.
Applique can be a little daunting, but with the Husqvarna Viking Brilliance 75Q you can achieve beautiful applique stitches quickly and effectively!
For more information on the Husqvarna Viking Brilliance 75Q, click here.
How to make the Pocket Organiser:
Original design by Gail Dodson, adapted by Cath Quinlan
A great way to keep all your accessories/gadgets organized. You choose how many pockets you want and where you want them. The supplies allow for 10 pockets, 8 outside, 2 inside. This organizer can stand on its own, sized to fit into almost any purse or bag. Approximately 6’’ tall x 9-1/2’’ wide x 3” deep. The size of this organizer can be varied to suit your needs.
1m (1yd) of fabric (I used 50cm (20”) pieces from 2 different fabrics for the Easter Basket)
10cm (4”) x Width of Fabric for binding pockets & handle
25cm (10”) Ultrafirm stabilizer or Foam
Inspira stabilizer for decorative stitches and/or embroidery (optional)
Quilt Binder Attachment
Interchangeable Dual Feed Foot (Optional)
4 Front/Back pieces (2 exterior and 2 lining) 10” w x 6-1/2” h
2 strips 4'' x ~21'' (1 exterior and 1 lining)
2 Large Pocket pieces 10” w x 10” h (Optional)
2 Medium Pocket pieces 10” w x 8-1/2” h (Optional)
2 Small Pocket pieces 10” w x 6-1/2” h (Optional)
2 x 1 ¾” Strips across the Width of Fabric for the Binding (do not cut on the bias.
From other, cut:
2 – Stabiliser pattern pieces from Ultrafirm stabilizer or foam
1 – 3 ½” x 20 ½” Ultrafirm stabiliser or foam
Step 1 - Prepare the Pockets:
1. Fold each fabric pocket piece in half, wrong sides together, press and topstitch 1/4'' from the folded edge. To embellish your organizer, use decorative stitches instead of a straight stitch at the top of each pocket.
2. Decide which pockets will be on the outside and use the dimensional stitches on the Husqvarna Viking Brilliance 75Q, Brilliance 80, Epic 980Q, Epic & Epic 2 machines as a decorative idea.
3. Attach the Quilt Binder and following the instructions bind the 1 ¾” strips along the top of the folded edge of the outside pockets. This gives a sturdy edge with a decorative flair.
4. If you have an embroidery machine, you can also personalize the outside or inside with a Monogram or designs. Now is the time to embellish if you choose to do so.
Step 2 - Make the Front/Back pieces:
1. Lay the Ultrafirm stabilizer on the table. Center a Front/Back piece on top right side up. On top of that place a large pocket, then small pocket bottom edges matching. (Note: you can arrange the pockets on any side you would like to.)
2. Pin the layers in place, baste all the way around ½” from the edge.
3. If desired, divide the pockets by stitching a line or lines starting at the top of the large pocket and going down to the bottom.
4. Place the lining front/back piece on the table, right side up.
5. Lay the medium size pocket on top lining up the bottom edges.
6. Pin the layers in place and baste all the way around 1/2'' from the edge.
Step 3 - Finish the Front/Back:
1. Using the templates, mark the bottom corners.
2. If you desire a handle, mark the top curve.
3. Place the Outside Front/Back piece on the table, pockets up.
4. Lay the Inside Front/Back piece on top, right side down.
5. Pin, then using a 1/4” seam allowance, stitch around the piece following the edges and the drawn template marking, leaving the top edges open for turning through.
6. Trim curves with pinking shears or cut-out notches. Trim corners.
7. Turn right side out. Press.
8. Repeat for other side
9. Place the Quilt Binder back on the machine and stitch along the top of each side leaving a handle section on one side. See the picture.
Step 4 - Prepare and Attach the Side/Bottom Strip:
1. Pin the two Side/Bottom strips right sides together and stitch around the edges leaving a 5” gap on one long edge with a 1/4'' seam allowance.
2. Clip to seam allowance, or use your pinking shear, on both sides.
3. Turn right side out.
4. Turn ¼” at open edge inside, stitch shut.
5. Mark the bottom centre of Front and Back and both sides of the side/bottom strip
6. Place the side/bottom strip against front, with the lining sides together.
7. Match the short ends with the top of the front piece and the markings at the centre.
8. Sew using a 1/8” seam allowance. Tip: The narrower the seam allowance, the easier it is to not have puckers around the corners. I also use a stiletto to keep the fabrics aligned.
Cath Quinlan has been designing and teaching for more than 10 years. Her talents lie in digitising, free-motion quilting, machine embroidery and education. She has co-authored two internationally distributed machine embroidery books, published many projects in Australian craft magazines and digitised and sold numerous embroidery designs and patterns. Her passion remains in education and the ability to share what she knows with anyone willing to listen. Cath’s teaching style is fun and relaxed, and she truly believes that ‘anyone can do it’.
Enter your contact details to sign up
or sign in to your Payright account
Once approved your
purchase will be dispatched
Right when you need it – Payright
We want to ensure you have a positive payment experience and have made the checkout process simple.
We take responsible lending seriously so credit is only extended to approved customers. Please
ensure you read the terms
and conditionsfor further information and note that PayRight is not available on all